Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ezekiel Bread

Ahh the infamous Ezekiel Bread. The stuff I have been hearing about by all those being health conscious and gluten free. I always saw it walking down the organic aisle but never could justify the price. Well this past Monday I broke down and threw it in my cart. I bought the Food for Life english muffins. $4.39 I believe the price happened to be for 6 english muffins. I looked at the nutrition info and saw a serving size was !/2 a muffin. That will never do, so I figured if I make my egg sandwich in the morning that would pretty much be my grains for the day.

I fried my egg up this morning accidentally getting the yolk in the pan so I scraped it over and dropped in another white, all in all it was about 1.5 egg whites. Toasted my muffin, spreading a divided teaspoon of butter on each half, lay my cheese down and voila I had this tasty breakfast.


The bread itself was very dense and I could see why a serving is half a muffin. The taste was very good and I am the type of person who loves grainy breads where you can actually taste and feel all the nutrients. As far as the healthful effects of it, it is made with sprouted grains and no flour so thats always a plus in my book. The only minor negative I see is the cost. If its in my budget that week maybe I will spring for it and if not its back to my low carb whole grain wraps and light whole wheat bread. Fiber One whole wheat english muffins aren't too bad either. So have you tried Ezekiel?

No comments:

Post a Comment