Monday, July 12, 2010

Family Integration

Title makes sense right. I have 2 kids and I know some day I will update my profile to show just that. Anyway trying to lose weight when you have a husband and kids to feed can be somewhat of a challenge. Do you make them eat what you eat or do you cook separate meals? Personally I think it depends on what plan you follow. When I first started my weight loss journey I did South Beach to the T (or is it tee?). It was the best plan that I thought I could adhere as a lifestyle change and not just a diet. It allowed me to make foods that were not only good for me but my family as well. I still buy my kids the junk as an occasional treat but I have learned along the way to stay away! Its a journey with lessons to be learned.

As for the exercise, thats a no brainer. "kids", I tell them, "I am working out...don't bother me until I am done." In reply I get the "ok". My kids are 8 and 9 (soon to be 10) so they are old enough to know thats my time to be healthy. THey are usually in school when I get my workout in so its not much of an issue. Its summer time when I really have to plan around their tennis lessons or vacations.

I don't have beautiful pictures of my food the make your mouth water but my menu for today is as follows

Breakfast - 2 egg omelette with spinach, mushrooms and slice of Land O Lakes Naturally Slender / Coffee

L-Leftover asian lettuce wraps in a bowl (bibb lettuce, cabbage, red and green pepper, chicken) with a side of spinach from this morning

S-fage yogurt w/ honey, cinnamon, and vanilla with an iced coffee

D-4 meatballs, 2 oz whole wheat pasta, and a green salad

S-sugar free pudding or healthy choice fudge pop

Exercise - 30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 3

ETA: Last Tuesday I weighed in at 208.2. Weight today was 204.0. Not shabby.


ETAA: The whole kids and exercise thing, why not exercise with the kids as well. I do that and forgot to even mention that. Tag, hiking, biking, walking, and swimming are a few just off the top of my head. Not only does it make you active but the kids as well and its great bonding time as well. I mean every workout isn't always about sweating your brains out.

No comments:

Post a Comment