Friday, July 30, 2010

New Recipe

So I had some leftover roasted butternut squash from another nights dinner. It was still sitting in there and then like the Grinch I got an idea. An awful idea. The Grinch (me) got a wonderful, *awful* idea! Make soup!!!!!

I gathered some onion, thyme, sage, chicken stock, half and half, and my trusty immersion blender (kitchenaid empire red). I sauteed the onion with the butternut squash til the onions were almost translucent and squash was heated through. Added the thyme and sage, no salt or pepper due to the fact it was already on the squash from when I previously cooked it, left the mixture on the flame a little longer for all flavors to combine. After turning off the flame, I carefully put the concoction in a tall cylindrical container added about a cup of chicken broth grabbed my blender and went to town. I knew it was done when it came to a nice pea soup consistency and added about a quarter cup of half and half. Threw the blender on once more and then Voila soup du jour. It was sooooooooooooooooo good. Did I mention it was good? I still have some left which I plan on taking a picture and posting here. Had to save some for Dan, mi esposa.

So that was my victorious creation of the day. Ever make up a recipe that tasted Dynomite? Let me know.

BTW it was *awful* because I could have eaten all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment